Well This Looks Bad

This is what happens when you neglect your tank for 4+ months except feedings and filling the ato. I dont even know where to start now. I think its possibly still cyano that I was battling before but I dont know. Ive ran chemi clean at least twice now and it comes back in days

20210424_172145.jpg

20210424_172151.jpg

20210424_172156.jpg

Wow! I’m not sure what else to say. 
What water are you using for ato? How much are you feeding? And when is the last time you checked nitrate and phosphates? 

you got to get rid of as much of it as possible but without fixing what is causing it is moot. 
Got to vacuum out as much as you can and get some more water movement going on. 

On 4/27/2021 at 8:48 PM, Waffen06 said:

I make rodi, its reading 0 on my inline and hand tester. 

My current parameters are
79 degrees
9.1 alk
360 ca
0 po4
5 no3
Ph swings from 7.8-8.07 throughout the day

When was the last time you changed your RODI filters/membrane? I don't think 0 P04 is a good thing but that algae is probably consuming it. I would suggest lots of water changes, and lots of hermit crabs. You could look into vibrant as well. 

There you go. Vibrant will bottom out your nutrients and cause this. Look into dosing some phosphate. It’s a real balancing act when you dose vibrant, stuff is great but......

there is a thread on R2R about it. Might check it out. 

Do you have a tds meter to check your RODI water? I’m thinking it might need a membrane change. What are you testing phosphate with? You need some phosphate because zero is bad. Hanna phosphorus will read the lowest.  Stop with the vibrant because it’s not working, microbacter7 would be better.  
I would do a big water change and focus on sucking as much of that out as I could, run some chemi clean ,then in a couple days do another big change and chemi clean again. 

Edited by Fishoutofwater