Disaster…

Last week we had a rain event like nothing I have seen in the 31 years I have lived in this house.  We received 6.7 inches in 2 hours on top of already saturated ground and I got just under 3 feet of water in my basement, which is where my system lives. I had water 6” deep outside my back door flowing across the property. My 270 gallon sump was floated, which caused some hard plumbing attached to my ATS to break that tank draining my sump.  My 29 gallon setup also floated and was tipped over.  I still have life in some of the tanks I will be figuring out how to deal with soon.  All sps was roached I assume due to being out of water until I could get down there.  Mast fish are still with me and the nems are ok.  I was planning on scaling back during some home improvements coming up, but will now be needing to tear down. I will be back bigger but I don’t know when. 
One lesson and some advice, specifically ask your insurance agent if you are covered in conditions like this.  I had simply taken my old policy to a new agent and said I’m more worried about being covered than the cost. Apparently there are different riders for flooding, backups, and such.  You have to ask if you are covered for these things.  Luckily I am skilled enough to get an AC unit running without the electronics and was able to minimize the cost of getting the houses systems all taken care of myself as well as the clean up to minimize the costs.  
some for sale threads will follow on the items that weren’t damaged!

14 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Last week we had a rain event like nothing I have seen in the 31 years I have lived in this house.  We received 6.7 inches in 2 hours on top of already saturated ground and I got just under 3 feet of water in my basement, which is where my system lives. I had water 6” deep outside my back door flowing across the property. My 270 gallon sump was floated, which caused some hard plumbing attached to my ATS to break that tank draining my sump.  My 29 gallon setup also floated and was tipped over.  I still have life in some of the tanks I will be figuring out how to deal with soon.  All sps was roached I assume due to being out of water until I could get down there.  Mast fish are still with me and the nems are ok.  I was planning on scaling back during some home improvements coming up, but will now be needing to tear down. I will be back bigger but I don’t know when. 
One lesson and some advice, specifically ask your insurance agent if you are covered in conditions like this.  I had simply taken my old policy to a new agent and said I’m more worried about being covered than the cost. Apparently there are different riders for flooding, backups, and such.  You have to ask if you are covered for these things.  Luckily I am skilled enough to get an AC unit running without the electronics and was able to minimize the cost of getting the houses systems all taken care of myself as well as the clean up to minimize the costs.  
some for sale threads will follow on the items that weren’t damaged!

Man Matt!!! This is a disaster. Ive been there before, and it is not fun. When I was living at home with my mom, my domain was the basement. One bad storm like that and the sewer backed up all in the basement. Poop water everywhere... Insurance took care of most of it, but a $20k policy goes real quick. Especially when it is a gut and redo. 

Sorry for the troubles my friend.