Need to Thin the Crop

crimsonvice

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

Welp... I have been out of town for work, and someone tripped a breaker in the house and killed the tank. Wife walks in and house smells like dead fish. Tank has been off for a while, all fish are dead. All coral will most likely be in the same boat. Lol 

Sucky day...

Man that sucks and I am super sorry to hear.  What is the next move?

2 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Man that sucks and I am super sorry to hear.  What is the next move?

I don't think there is anything I could have done to prevent it. The breaker tripped in the middle of the night Tuesday, according to my p4. So maybe having my p4 on a separate breaker system than the life support system of the tank... But I've been running it for 3 years this way an never had any issues. Beats me.

I reevaluated everything this morning, and it is a total loss. Things that had color yesterday are dead or dying. The handful of things I have that might make it, I'm going to take to the LFS.

Time for a reboot I guess. We have been planning on moving to Northern Ohio, but finally put the kabash on that this week (prior to tank death). We are going to stay in Cincy and remodel this house. Plans include a fish room and a 72x32x20 display on the main floor... so in case of power outage, and I am away, my family might notice the tank being dead before it starts to stink. 

Failsafe plans:

P4 on separate breaker

Buy power outage sms module for P4

As Arnold says...I'll be back!

2 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

I don't think there is anything I could have done to prevent it. The breaker tripped in the middle of the night Tuesday, according to my p4. So maybe having my p4 on a separate breaker system than the life support system of the tank... But I've been running it for 3 years this way an never had any issues. Beats me.

I reevaluated everything this morning, and it is a total loss. Things that had color yesterday are dead or dying. The handful of things I have that might make it, I'm going to take to the LFS.

Time for a reboot I guess. We have been planning on moving to Northern Ohio, but finally put the kabash on that this week (prior to tank death). We are going to stay in Cincy and remodel this house. Plans include a fish room and a 72x32x20 display on the main floor... so in case of power outage, and I am away, my family might notice the tank being dead before it starts to stink. 

Failsafe plans:

P4 on separate breaker

Buy power outage sms module for P4

As Arnold says...I'll be back!

I have the power cut monitor plug- and ups on my router and modem and the P4 because I heard the sms isn’t reliable and is a pain.  I also get updates through my wave engine. 

• 2 weeks later...