A nice compatibility guide

Muttley000

Yes it does, so as a newb in the hobby, what do you recommend? One of the big questions I have right now is tank size. The large one (puffer) at rivers to reefs (a good 8 inches or more) seems to be in like a 75 gallon tank. but pretty much everywhere i read it says a 120 or larger. I don't believe in the, your fish will only grow to the size available, mindset. I honestly believe if your tank isn't big enough, then your fish will suffer, be stunted. So with that said how do i determine as a newb what tank size... lol

as a hobbyist, regardless of experience. When i want something new. I do research. I check out the forum. I read articles from trustable resources ect. Sometimes i even go to google images and type in what I am wanting to see pictures. And at the bottom of the pictures they usually have the link to where the pic came from. From this I take what I found in my research & what liveaquari lets me and come to conclusion from there. So take the puffer for example. Rivers to Reefs has one in a 75g tank even though liveaquaroa says 120. But is Rivers 2 Reefs keeping theirs long term? He is a store front with limited space and the fish would be fine regardless of its long term needs short term. And you want a healthy puffer long term. So could you cheat it down to 100g?, sure. But I know from research, the closer I can't it to 100g or more, the happier that fish will be long term. Or say I only have a 75g tank and I really want a puffer, I may find a smaller alternative. Or I may just get the smallest one I can find. Then when it reaches a bigger size I may trade it in for another small one, or upgrade my tank.