125 and 150 Slow Build

saltykid96

• 3 weeks later...

b73d33c906876267e1a2b7eb01a54fce.jpg9c3b028d2fe750223fd7da06eb742774.jpgabbe23f323f5042e843043f8b48317fa.jpgfinally found one that wasn't half a lie or a scam and went to look at it today all the way in Jefferson, Ohio. Fell in love with it and bought it. Also came with a basically brand new trailer. I could not be happier!!! This is my first motorcycle and I can tell there will definitely be a learning curve from four wheelers, dirt bikes, and enduros.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks like it may have been an Assfault Junkies bike, by the radioactive decal on the side. They are another good motorcycle forum, but not as good as BR.

I know that here in Cincinnati they have a beginners riding course at the Great Oaks Schools. It's like a driver's ed for motorcycles. Two day class, and then you get your license at the end of it. Best $20 I ever spent. Lots of good tips and really teaches you how to control your bike.

Just my $. 02, invest in a good helmet. Not the HJC you find at Walmart, but a good SHOEI, AGV, or something like that. No price can be put on your dome. I would also recommend jacket, pants, gloves, and boots. I occasionally work in a surgical ICU, and take care of these that have been riding in flip flops and a cut off t-shirt. It's not a pretty sight.

Sorry, I don't mean to get all "parent like", but riding safety is important. Most of the time it's not your lack of skill that causes an accident. It's usually the teenage girl on their cell phone or the guy that is late to work, that you have to worry about.

I'm done on my soap box. Enjoy it. There is nothing like being on a bike. Good luck, have fun, ride safe.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2016 at 3:39 PM, saltykid96 said:

I thought acrylic solvent only bonds acrylic to acrylic?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It etches the surface of the acrylic, so the silicone can get a grip on it.

Edited by BFitz
Guess I should have paid more attention to what page I was on!! lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry I never got back to anyone on here. I stopped putting the build in here for a while because the dry rock was turning into a living hell with the leaching phosphates. Everything sat around for a while and honestly became a mess, so I decided while I still live at home with my parents I would tear everything down,clean it out, and pack it up so that I could really start to save money. Everyone wants me to sell my stuff but I am holding on to it all untill I have a house of my own. Unfortunately I couldn't resist looking at new motorcycles during this winter and bought and brand new 2017 Ninja1000. I really am sorry I never replied on here in so long. I think I was pretty sad that I decided to tear it all down.d8bf096ed75964de756780e5d4218381.jpgdfe09a5e36702c52a40454432a8cc17b.jpg9aeb3dcbec7b0d5b6f0b809085b0f175.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk