Spanky's "I like em big n wide" build

cptnspanky

Um...why so much vinegar?  LOL
I have over 350 lbs of rock thats getting soaked in vinegar to dissolve the outer layer. This is to kill everything, and get it off the rock. Also used some to clean the tank, equipment, and sump. I actually should have bought a little more than i did as i still have to clean the sump and i only have 3 jugs left.

I have gotten a ton done since my last post, but i havent had time to update everything just yet, but its coming

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice.  I know you already have it plumbed, but I have one suggestion. I would Put a water spigot like outside and a short coil hose and a spray nozzle. Can never seem to get a lot of pressure through the faucet to get deep cleaning.  Mine has a spray option and it’s good but needs more. 
They didnt sell any pvc spigots or i would have. All anyone has is cpvc and it has different inside and outside diameters. So i made one with a 1/4 turn valve 90 and hose barb

So ive done so much since my last update. The short is that both the new frag tank and display are up and running. I still need to clean out and set up the trident, and my calcium reactor. I have sand for the fuge being delivered saturday, so i can put a mangrove in there. The display is still very cloudy, but its starting to clear up and ive been tossing some aqua vitro seed in there to help get the ball rolling.
Here is the display right now with the new rockwork (not sure that im done with it) and a picture of my mess in the fishroom. Ive got a hell of a mess of wires, and have no idea what to do with them..but its also out.of sight so not sure i will bother lol.0685024e11be6283230c71d1d5e41e6b.jpg04447e498a95af3f684e9d27521d8c1e.jpg

Didnt do a whole lot today on the tanks, but my sand for the refugium was delivered. So i poured it down a chunk of 2" pvc to settle at the bottom and minimize the amount of clouding i stirred back up. (I used aragamax sand) i definitely made things cloudy again, but not as bad as it could have been....this is the finest sand ive ever used. I also went through and calibrated and hooked up all my probes, realized i was a bit lower in salinity than i thought as the water i used initially was quite cold. So i adjusted and im waiting for the salinity reading to stabilize. Also broke the glass on one of my ph probes as well so that will need replacing. Finally i cleaned out the junk on the floor in the fish room and opened up my dos, ddr, and trident. I honestly thought the ddr was bigger, so the size concerns me a bit on a system this big.

Tomorrow i plan to move my mangrove over to the sump, and maybe relocate my desjardini into his new home since ive been dosing aqua vitro seed in there every day for a week, and bought a bottle of sea chem stability today.

I need a little input for stocking up my clean up crew, and getting 100% clean chaeto and pods to seed the tank up. Whats the best site for this? Its a big system and ill need to throw some in the fuge, frag tank, and display. Does anyone sell bulk packages since ill need so many?

Thanks@Muttley000 i have them putting together a custom package for me!

Today i got the mangrove into the sump, i raised the light up, and since its either 50% or 100% i have it at 50%. So hopefully i dont light shock it.
I also cut up some of my remaining corals and took them over to aquarium world today, kept a couple frags of stuff i could minimize the rock that came with it.
And i got a fish ive tried before, but has always gotten too scared of the other fish and wouldnt eat, so i figured he would be a good first addition. Its a nice sized blue-throated triggera228476dc06065e9e235cbd63f4be0f7.jpg3647700a57c63a466adb78e4084febe5.jpg67682ee29d8972ce626852265e4484f5.jpg

So ive moved the last of my corals over into the new frag tank today, and the btas are in the display along with my sailfin tang.   Now I just need to give it a little time.  

I haven't figured out what exactly I will stock in this tank yet, reefcleaners asked me a question about my custom request and have yet to get back to me again.  The only fish I have on my for sure want list is a vlamingi tang.  I will probably have a purple tang in there as well in place of the yellow I got rid of.  

With that being said I need some stock ideas so I can get this planned out.  I think I will try to have a school of something, and I will want a wrasse of some kind as well.  So lets hear everyones ideas!

@Muttley000 I was looking at a carpenters flashers wrasse as a good possibility. Aaand since my last post, i put together my own cuc order on reefcleaners. I dont think ive ever spent so much on crabs and snails and pods before

Anthias were a thought, but dont they require a lot of feedings throughout the day? Thats kinda whats always kept me from trying