Who are you calling Chunky?!

ReefFrenzy

Believe it or not one of our least advertised products just happens to be one of our most popular. When we started making food 4 years ago a couple maintenance companies asked us if we could make Fish Frenzy® but process it so larger fish could have a more "chunky" blend. We literally hand chopped all the ingredients and sized the pieces for larger FOWLR fish. Pretty soon customers with larger predator tanks were requesting this blend so we slapped a modified label on it and sales have increased every month. Well now Fish Frenzy® CHUNKY is getting a facelift!!

Here is what has been limping along for the past few years as our label pictured next to super fresh, chemical free scallops. (Yes they are the same ones you pay big $$ for when you go out to eat, and we put them into fish food.)

8075FF16-32EC-437B-AB80-6775ABB15AB5_zps

Let me introduce you to the new "CHUNKY" package label!

Chunky%20Final_zpsd8v5f0mo.png

One of the reasons this blend is so popular with professionals who maintain larger systems is because it is fresh, clean and offers diverse nutrition in one easy-to-feed package. We start out by receiving hundreds of pounds of Carolina shrimp each week, then peeling them to discard the exoskeleton and head.

E5E531CE-1720-4EE7-B5CE-8A213B1F581B_zps

What is left is pure, succulent meat which your fish will devour.

3F6A7C28-1D44-4478-AE19-7F75DAFE27FA_zps

In addition to the scallop and shrimp this blend gets a hefty dose of fresh, chemical free wild caught ocean perch, squid, clams, oysters, as well as E. superba krill enriched in our 100% natural betacarotene soak to enhance pigmentation and vibrance. With laboratory guaranteed analysis on each pack indicating 12.5% protein and 1.5% fat content this food really stands out in the marketplace and redefines "premium." 

9039CED1-0203-4B3C-8EE3-74234CE00D43_zps

Just a sampling of the ingredients listed above.

512FA025-47A7-4CD8-9A7E-919C0A38975B_zps

We are fortunate to be the exlcisuve food provide for the Scheels Sporting Goods store chain and we service locations in Utah, Reno, Kansas and Montana. I dove in this 16,000 gallon system in 2014 when we were contacted to see if our foods could help reverse the HLLE which was beginning to show itself on a few of the tangs. Within three months of feeding Herbivore Frenzy® and "Chunky" on a daily basis the fish responded remarkably well and their appearance improved. 

I thought I would share the video because it is a state of the art system with a filtration room which is very impressive.

If you are looking for a super nutritious food for your puffer, trigger, eel, etc check out the Chunky blend at http://www.larrysreefservices.com/fish-frenzy-chunky.html

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2016 at 0:19 PM, Joe said:

Think chunky would work for lions too.? 

I bought a pack at Matt's when he had it on sale a few months ago, and it's now my main food for all my scorps: volitans,miles, mombassa and fuzzy dwarf lions, the sea goblins, rhino, diablo scorp, etc., all of them love it. Plus it's all got a good firm texture to stay on a feeding stick.

Although it looks like this reply may be a bit late, since apparently you're re-homing your Fu.