Small flesh colored flatworms!

Muttley000

Tonight at lights on I found a small(1/16th inch) flesh colored flatworm on the glass.  I got my magnifying glass out and sure enough it has the classic 2 tail design of a flatworm.  It is much skinnier than the pics I see online of rust/red planaria. I searched further and located them on the glass of 2 tanks, but not in the 40 long which has a 6 line and not in my 65 where nothing would eat them.  Can't see them on any corals or mushrooms.  Not sure I would be able to see them on the sand or rock because of size.  Kind of freaking out but couldn't find a pic online that matched, and much of what I read says that different species wax and wane in the system. Any input?

I got flat worms in my frag tank a long time ago I dosed with flat worm exit two times whipped them all out no problem I even did a third time for good measures they never returned. Sure was glad I dip corals before putting them in my display and had my frag tank as a qt. this happen probably about 1.5 ago get them taken care of now before they get out of control.

3 minutes ago, Dmartinsnyder83 said:

I got flat worms in my frag tank a long time ago I dosed with flat worm exit two times whipped them all out no problem I even did a third time for good measures they never returned. Sure was glad I dip corals before putting them in my display and had my frag tank as a qt. this happen probably about 1.5 ago get them taken care of now before they get out of control.

Man I have tons of bristle worms, etc and over 400 gallons of water.  Did you try manual removal or anything first?  I'm worried I will have a real mess if I nuke all the worms in the system!

I had them in my sump before never noticed them bothering anything eventually they went away on their own I wouldn't be to worried about it if you are seeing that many on the glass and none on corals my guess would be they are the variety that eats detritus 

5 hours ago, Karmann said:

This might help.

http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker.shtml

If they were Acoel like the ones I had on my sump glass I would not sweat it, all I did was a good glass wipe, sand syphon and water change. Haven't seen one in two weeks.

That is a very nice site, thanks for the new bookmark!

5 hours ago, ben said:

I had them in my sump before never noticed them bothering anything eventually they went away on their own I wouldn't be to worried about it if you are seeing that many on the glass and none on corals my guess would be they are the variety that eats detritus 

They look exactly like the Acoel detritus or pod hunting variety.  More reading while I keep an eye on things for a few days!

12 hours ago, Jesse said:

are they bothering anything?

Don't seem to be.  Siphoned them off the glass the night I discovered them.  Just looks as sunrise is at 8 pm and only a couple on the glass.  Had my magnifying glass out looking at corals and didn't see any on any of them.  Think I'm going to be ok, but keeping a close eye.