Reef Crystals 40$ 200g box at 2017 Buckeye Reef expo

Jesse

21 hours ago, Tyler Livingston said:

I'll take one.

Has there been any discussing about pre-paying to reserve your box(es) so they don't all get snapped up in the first hour?  And are you reaching out to vendors also in case they want some (if selling more boxes can help Coral Reef out, maybe it's worth asking).

Let me know about prepaying too.  Since I'm now not going to make it if there isn't a way for me to prepay and convince someone to lug 200 pounds of my crap home with them I need to unreserve my boxes.

There will be no prepay as that will be too much to manage. The salt will be on a first come first get basis. Make sure you're there early as i'm pretty sure we will be getting 200 boxes. Remember if you show up for the speaker at 11AM you get into the expo first.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

There will be no prepay as that will be too much to manage. The salt will be on a first come first get basis. Make sure you're there early as i'm pretty sure we will be getting 200 boxes. Remember if you show up for the speaker at 11AM you get into the expo first.

I agree this would be a lot to put on the vendor that is doing us a favor lugging all this in!

5 minutes ago, fishdoctor said:

That's a lot of salt! If they (Coral Reef) need a hand getting it to the show I can help. I live ten minutes from the store.

The plan is to have it delivered straight to the French Quarters on Friday the 10th the day before he expo. We will need hands that day unloading and moving it all into place i'm sure. Will post more details here when its all finalized.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rguyler said:

Any idea how many boxes have been committed to purchase?  The original question was if 200 boxes would get sold and now it seems like that won't be enough.

Great question @rguyler. There will be 200 boxes and they're first come first serve. Nothing is pre-sold or spoken for.

• 2 weeks later...
A Few Frag Swap Tips for Both Newbies and Veterans

1. Don't Forget Cash. Some Vendors will Take Credit Cards, but Others are Cash Only (Even if a Vendor Accepts Credit Card They Will Prefer Cash Because They Will Not Have to Pay Credit Card Fees).
2. Bring a Small Portable Cooler to Store the Corals that Bought In.
3. Admission is $5, Kids are FREE. Having the Exact Amount Helps Things Go Smoother at the Entrance.
4. Doors Open at 11:00 AM
5. Be Aware of How Much Time You Take Talking to a Vendor if what Your Discussing Doesn't Involve Buying Something . Vendors are Very Helpful and Knowledgeable and Most Will Try to Help You, but Please be Conscious of the Fact that Vendors are There to Sell and Not to Explain How to Rid Your Tank of Nuisance Algae (For Example).