Frag Swap

maddhatter

I recently went to the perrysburg swap definitely better than last year but I have a few questions, an thoughts, of it. First what was The hold your tickets for the grand prize raffle, that was posted, second to the vendors there that tried to over charge people who they thought didn't  know what things are, it's bad business, second  even tho I was the guy who spent 50.00 on tickets an not winning anything, it's  okay, But the biggest problem  I saw there is having  my 10 year old niece an have to get on to people to be respectful of her an not to push her or step on her. First off I don't care what frags are where, you need to watch out for kids, because kids now are going to be the ones who  carries  this on  after where old an gone. Next it was great to see some familiar faces  that I have the pleasure  of coming to meet while being in the hobby, however  I want to extend a thank you to Labo for the items I picked up an a really  big thanks to the Magical Reef, now ima have to work a extra week lol, an a thank you to the few other ones that I have picked up corals from, I'd say pretty  decent  over all. Looking forward  to the next one. 

I suspect that was just on the sheets of tickets Jesse bought preprinted.

@maddhatter I hope your niece managed to enjoy herself. i dislike the competitiveness that comes with a few people to events like this in any hobby.  As far as vendors overcharging, it's a free country, they can charge what they want in my opinion.  However,  they probably took more corals home than they guys who are decent about pricing so the free market sorts it out eventually.  

Edited by Muttley000

The biocube was won by a blonde woman, she was asking me who she needs toshow her ticket to, she seem so happy, to have won it. An I think that's what makes the show, but the competitiveness,  there I won't take any of my niece's or nephew's I'll  let them to go to the shops, my niece said she like going with me, Cuz we were picking on each other, but it definitely isn't kid friendly. That's what needs to change it should be family  friendly,

My daughter was there she is 7 she had a blast at the beginning but became bored when she noticed she was stuck there lol. Some people are a bit in a hurry and disrespectful but that's everywhere you go! If you find that perfect place where everyone goes that is wonderful please let me know lol. I'm use to it because I work in retail but in my opinion this is everywhere not just frag shows it's like Black Friday.

37 minutes ago, Dmartinsnyder83 said:

My daughter was there she is 7 she had a blast at the beginning but became bored when she noticed she was stuck there lol. Some people are a bit in a hurry and disrespectful but that's everywhere you go! If you find that perfect place where everyone goes that is wonderful please let me know lol. I'm use to it because I work in retail but in my opinion this is everywhere not just frag shows it's like Black Friday.

Yep, and it's usually just a couple people making it feel that way!

15 hours ago, maddhatter said:

I recently went to the perrysburg swap definitely better than last year but I have a few questions, an thoughts, of it. First what was The hold your tickets for the grand prize raffle, 

Please clarify when, and where this was posted?

second to the vendors there that tried to over charge people who they thought didn't  know what things are, it's bad business, second  even tho I was the guy who spent 50.00 on tickets an not winning anything,

A business can charge what they want for their items. The beauty of it is you can go to the next person and get it cheaper, or pay more. Supply and demand drives prices of everything in our awesome free Country.

But the biggest problem  I saw there is having  my 10 year old niece an have to get on to people to be respectful of her an not to push her or step on her. First off I don't care what frags are where, you need to watch out for kids, because kids now are going to be the ones who  carries  this on  after where old an gone.

If you've ever been to any type of event with a crowd this happens. It sucks but with the rush, and confusion its easy to bump into everyone, not just kids.

Next it was great to see some familiar faces  that I have the pleasure  of coming to meet while being in the hobby, however  I want to extend a thank you to Labo for the items I picked up an a really  big thanks to the Magical Reef, now ima have to work a extra week lol, an a thank you to the few other ones that I have picked up corals from, I'd say pretty  decent  over all. Looking forward  to the next one. 

Glad to see you found a couple of vendors which made your day. The expo was a huge success because of great people like you. I can't wait to see you next year when we make it bigger and better than ever.

5 minutes ago, maddhatter said:

It was on a flyer  listing  that showed up on my Facebook, that's why u asked, I tried to look back for it but I so many listings

There were no flyers for the 2017 Buckeye Reef Expo that said there was a grand prize. Ours said it was a grand raffle. I think you're confusing it with another swap. I know this because I am the one that made 100% of them.