• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bubble Tip Anemone Showoff Thread

Jesse

I figured [mention=2]Joe[/mention]would fill his tank with sticks!
[mention=119]cptnspanky[/mention] is that the nem I have a split off of?

Nope, you got the rainbow nem, i believe. The one i still had of those became suicidal and an escape artist. He made it to the overflow 3 times before he tapped out. My colorado hasnt split at all and i havent been brave enough to frag it manually

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Here's my newest that I picked up last week from @Music  very interesting that the bubbles are white, it is very pretty in person.

image.jpeg

Looks like it lost a lot of color. Heres the one well two now that came from music. Also when you got it did it have bigger bubbles or im wondering if different light or flow makes the bubbles go away. Always been curious why that is. 

IMG_1634.jpg

Same color as when I got it, but it was not happy when I picked it up.  It wasn't attached at all and barely open.  During acclimation it attached to the container and it took 3 days to get it attached to the rock. It is much greener than the pic shows, but she had it in the container for a week and I'm not sure how much light it had which could have shifted coloration.  It does not get high flow there, I'd call it medium as it barely sways.  This was when lights were ramping up, in the morning the bubbles are more pronounced.

Anyone know of any tricks to get btas to split faster? Have one in my tank for 2 months, feed it brine every two days..and still no sign of splitting.

More often then not its a stress of some kind that triggers a split. But the only surefire way is to actually cut them. I havent been brave enough to attempt it on my colorado sunburst but everyone who does it, swears its simple

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've heard temperature change and stress. Some say to do like a 50% water change. I've also heard to stick your fingers in it once a day so they kinda close up that stresses them enough for them to split at least from what someone told me.