Jesse

Jesse's 90 Gallon Build Thread

This photo is 48 hours after dosing chemiclean, and a 40 gallon water change.

- I only dosed for 60 gallons of water on my 90 gallon with 20 gallon sump. I do have lots of rock.
- After 12 hours I realized I forgot to remove my filter socks. Not sure how much this effects the results.
- Rock and sand look good from the front of the tank. I can see cyano on the back of the rock.
- Will monitor results this week and prepare to dose again next weekend.

IMG_0462.jpeg

A little over 72 hours and everything is looking pretty good. I can see a bit of cyano bacteria on the back of the rock but it is pretty minimal. My skimmer is still going crazy and will eventually break back in.

IMG_0469.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Dr.Fraggenstien said:

Is that the one you had lost?

No but it seems pretty close. This was claimed to be a Black Widow and although it seems a bit bleached right now I don't think its a black widow. Time will tell.

I now have Dino's showing up mainly off of the hair algae. I started dosing Hydrogen Peroxide tonight as well as carbon running in a reactor on the tank.

Just now, Jesse said:

I now have Dino's showing up mainly off of the hair algae. I started dosing Hydrogen Peroxide tonight as well as carbon running in a reactor on the tank.

Killer progress on this tank, makes me feel crazy lazy I haven't done a water change in months but the tank somehow is algae free. I put that on my clean up crew.