Crimson's 120 wet dream

crimsonvice

Small update. Added more fish. Current fish list is:

2 Damsels

2 Black and White clowns

1 Tomini Tang

1 small Yellow Tang

1 Melanurus wrasse

1 Orangeback Fairy wrasse (though I havent seen him for two days. I call him Eeyore though, so he could be just hiding somewhere)

1 Clown blenny

1 Diamond blenny

1 Coral Beauty

5 Lyretrail anthias (1 male, and 4 female)

1 small Royal Gramma 

Everything seems very happy right now. Zoas are beyond happy, and LPS and SPS are doing just fine. I am still waiting on some of the SPS pieces from the Live Aquaria order to color up, before I put them in the DBTC thread. It is taking a little longer than I had expected. I purchased a few small pieces from @Lazylivin a few weeks ago and they are doing great! I am always pleased with my purchases from him. Though I did break off the majority of my Forest Fire Digi frag while trying to place it. It fell into the rock, and I can't seem to find it. LOL oops.... Maybe it will pop up somewhere later down the line. Anyways, to the pictures. I will add more, its just been a little busy around here lately. 

IMG_1818.thumb.jpg.099208bba56ae1ef611df020e5eda1e7.jpg

59cbad3fc9b7c_IMG_1819-Copy.thumb.jpg.bcf0a990cbd852cf18fd9f3afdbfe360.jpg

59cbad33642fe_IMG_1882-Copy.thumb.jpg.e7ff35dcddc02c95edebba34f605538b.jpg

59cbad2d08b53_IMG_1856-Copy.thumb.jpg.fe9c8c659ebf79a6a2187ca35aae63e2.jpg

59cbad3549287_IMG_1884-Copy.thumb.jpg.d934ebcb82ffab10164d2ad9f8f56d64.jpg

59cbad36e75a3_IMG_1885-Copy.thumb.jpg.ded177483808b660d3c2e27ae069a180.jpg

59cbad394044f_IMG_1886-Copy.thumb.jpg.a464ea04595919c1396a29d5d2c5561e.jpg

59cbad3c7bc02_IMG_1887-Copy.thumb.jpg.c8db324f4dc3f6b08fe95f90df82ab5d.jpg

Eeyore!

59cbad41c3e5a_IMG_1833-Copy.thumb.jpg.5e7275b0affcc92d68429c373e62bdc5.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

4 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Nice!  Got everyone eating yet?  Overall happy with the Live Aquaria experience?

Everyone seems to be eating well! Overall, I would say I am extremely happy with the fish purchases from Live Aquaria. I read somewhere that they QT all the fish prior to sale, so it is not necessary to do so at home, and they have a 14 day guarantee on all their fish. Honestly, I love having a LFS so close to the house, but they do not have a guarantee and I have lost at least 5 fish two to three days after purchase. I think as long as they continue to offer a 14 day guarantee and $99 free shipping LiveAquaria has become my go to for fish. Not to mention I was able to use a 25% off coupon on this last order, and basically got a free anthias! 

The coral though I am having second thoughts. All the SPS that was purchased seems very stressed! Granted they have a 30 day guarantee on their CCGC(certified captive grown coral), all of them are very pale and two seem to be struggling. I have been checking my water parameters and everything is right where it should be (1.026, temp 77-78 , Nitrate 0, Ammonia 0, PO4 .07, Alk 8.5, Cal 420, Mag 1400). The SPS that was in the tank previously are doing great and you can practically see growth every day. I have left the coral on the sand bed, and when I started to noticing them becoming pale I immediately moved them to a shaded area, just in case it was due to the MH lighting. Honestly though, I think that would be much better for them than any LED. It has been over a week, and they still do not seem to be fairing very well. IDK, this is my first online SPS order, so maybe this is fairly normal, but still seems off to me. I did send them an email yesterday to inquire about the guarantee and what they need. We will see what they say. 

6 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Nice!  Now you get to learn how to make a profile to ramp it up and down. Going to change it based on day and night?

Yes and no. The advanced controller already does that on the gyre, but I guess I could do it on the return as well. On the controller that is on the return pump now, it has 5 level settings. My return is set on the lowest right now, and on the second level the durso starts to really slurp. So I want to set the return to a setting that will give me more return flow without getting the slurping noise if possible. I think I also need to increase the air hole in my durso cap slightly. 

6 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

Yes and no. The advanced controller already does that on the gyre, but I guess I could do it on the return as well. On the controller that is on the return pump now, it has 5 level settings. My return is set on the lowest right now, and on the second level the durso starts to really slurp. So I want to set the return to a setting that will give me more return flow without getting the slurping noise if possible. I think I also need to increase the air hole in my durso cap slightly. 

Makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

Ah but the controller doesn't have reverse?

Apparently not. There are single pump modes: Constant Speed, Pulsing, Gradual Pulsing, Random, Alternating Gyre (with alternate blades). Then there are two pump modes: Synchronized, anti-synchronized, Timed Delay, and Reversed Timed Delay. It does not appear that it will run in reverse. If anyone else has input on this please let me know.