Buckeye Reef Expo & Swap - Perrysburg, OH (March 18, 2018)

Jesse

A Few Frag Swap Tips for Both Newbies and Veterans

1. Don't Forget Cash. Some Vendors will Take Credit Cards, but Others are Cash Only (Even if a Vendor Accepts Credit Card They Will Prefer Cash Because They Will Not Have to Pay Credit Card Fees).

2. Bring a Small Portable Cooler to Store the Corals that you Bought In.

3. Admission is $5 (Kids 12 and Under are FREE).

4. Doors Open at 12:00 Noon and the Swap Ends at 4:30 PM

5. Be Aware of How Much Time You Take Talking to a Vendor if what Your Discussing Doesn't Involve Buying Something. Vendors are Very Helpful and Knowledgeable and Most Will Try to Help You, but Please be Conscious of the Fact that Vendors are There to Sell and Not to Explain How to Rid Your Tank of Nuisance Algae (For Example).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Only 80 days until the expo!  Who will be the early adders to reef Trader?  How many rooms are left (if any?). @crimsonvice how can we help you with raffle tasks?

There should still be plenty of rooms. I asked them to add more to the block because quite a few were taken already.

11 hours ago, Muttley000 said:

Only 80 days until the expo!  Who will be the early adders to reef Trader?  How many rooms are left (if any?). @crimsonvice how can we help you with raffle tasks?

At this point I think the raffle is covered. I started contacting companies and things are slowly starting to come together. If anything changes I will keep you posted. 

11 hours ago, crimsonvice said:

At this point I think the raffle is covered. I started contacting companies and things are slowly starting to come together. If anything changes I will keep you posted. 

A lot of work to take on by yourself, no wonder you haven't been posting as much!  Appreciate your efforts making the expo great!

11 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

A lot of work to take on by yourself, no wonder you haven't been posting as much!  Appreciate your efforts making the expo great!

Yeah. I literally just finished emailing about 300(ish) emails to reefing vendors. It has kept me busy at work, since we are so S-L-O-W these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On November 1, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Luke Schnabel said:

Hey are you guys still doing the 40$ boxes of salt this year! That was killer last year! 

On November 1, 2017 at 4:23 PM, Jesse said:

Its being worked out but it should be.

Any word on this?  I'm out of salt and am either going to try to negotiate a larger purchase or need to get a couple boxes to hold me off till March.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...