Is this ro/di system worth buying.

tjh9100

Yea they sell this unit with Color changing DI unit included which I would recommend.  I have been using it for a couple months with TDS reading 0 coming out of the unit.

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticLife_RO_Buddie_3_Stage_Reverse_Osmosis_System_w_Mixed_Bed_Resin_DI_Cartridge_50_to_75_Gallons_Per_Day_RO_DI_Water_Filter_Systems-AquaticLife-AK010162-FIRORDFS-vi.html

I can add the di for 25 dollars, forgot to mention that is the plan if I get this unit.

I'd spend the extra 25$ http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GJCE2X4/ref=pd_aw_sbs_petsupplies_15?refRID=0VWPHCNW8NAEQSAKGFDH# here's the one I purchased, 0 ppm tds for the last 6 months, only issue was the john guest fittings dripped at first. But that's not a problem because mine sits in a utility sink while I'm making water.

I would consider this system:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4-stage-value-plus-ro-di-system-75gpd-1.html

This has your pressure gauge and tds in and out built in.

If you go any cheaper you will have this much invested in it later since pressure gauge and tds readings are mandatory IMHO.

Whatever you go with make sure it has the Dowtech ro membrane and clear housings that have inside threads(outside threaded ones are a bitch to seal and non clear ones you can not see what is going on inside the canisters which is needed for trouble shooting at times. More than 75 gallon per day is plenty unless you have a huge system.

Hi all I'm shopping for ro/di units and found this one (Aquatic Life RO Buddie Three Stage Reverse Osmosis) on amazon and was curious if this unit will be sufficient and if anyone has used it or has feedback for it.

Replaceing the carbon and sediment cartridges in this system will break the bank in the long run, 1 micron sediment filters and carbon block cartridges for the system i showed you are a lot cheaper and you need to change these every 6 months.

98% but I must be getting a fuzz better than that.  Source water is around 200 ppm.

Sounds close:

To get 3 ppm TDS with a 98% membrane you would need 150 TDS feed water.

To get 3 ppm TDS with a 96% membrane you would need 75 TDS feed water.

To get 3 ppm TDS with a 95% membrane you would need 60 TDS feed water.

Most of the RO systems come with a 95% membrane unless it states otherwise in the description so Andys situation would apply to a minority I would think.

I wish I had that clean of feed water, mine is in the 500 - 600 range so with a 98% membrane I see 12 TDS before DI resin.