Ich?

Sortakindanoob

Well, the tang and everyone else are good so far. As far as meds, this is all new to me. I was reading that copper or leverquin(?) does the trick but still unsure what to use. 

1 hour ago, Muttley000 said:

If you can get him out and leave it fushless that is the best way in my opinion. What medication are you thinking?

The life cycle of Ich requires the cysts fall off the fish.  I hope your right but the second wave is what often kills because it comes back many times worse than the first.  Keep a close eye out and I would use copper or chloroquine phosphate myself. Copper seems to still be the more successful of the two, but buy yourself a good copper test kit if you do, I think that is really helpful the first time.

This is good information!

It also doesn't mean that you are doomed either. I have had the same thing happen, but have never had a massive outbreak of ich. Every fish has probably come into contact with the protozoans that causes ich, and it most likely is in our aquariums already. The problem comes when the immune system of the fish is compromised in some way that ich presents itself. Usually, the weakened immune system of the fish is due to stress (ie: new environment, water quality, being picked on, that kind of thing...). So unless you remove all the fish from your system and do a QT and medicate them all at the same time for 14-30 days, QT'ing is not going to benefit you at this point. What I would do, is use some food additives to help boost the immune systems of your fish something like Selcon or garlic oils, and maybe try and ride it out. 

I know Watdachuck is having a similar issue and he is using Seachem Metroplex and Focus to help remedy the issue. Basically medicating from the inside out using foods. Link to his thread here

Hopefully, things will go well and this will be the end of it for you. 

40 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

This is good information!

It also doesn't mean that you are doomed either. I have had the same thing happen, but have never had a massive outbreak of ich. Every fish has probably come into contact with the protozoans that causes ich, and it most likely is in our aquariums already. The problem comes when the immune system of the fish is compromised in some way that ich presents itself. Usually, the weakened immune system of the fish is due to stress (ie: new environment, water quality, being picked on, that kind of thing...). So unless you remove all the fish from your system and do a QT and medicate them all at the same time for 14-30 days, QT'ing is not going to benefit you at this point. What I would do, is use some food additives to help boost the immune systems of your fish something like Selcon or garlic oils, and maybe try and ride it out. 

I know Watdachuck is having a similar issue and he is using Seachem Metroplex and Focus to help remedy the issue. Basically medicating from the inside out using foods. Link to his thread here

Hopefully, things will go well and this will be the end of it for you. 

I tried to get him out last night and spent nearly an hour trying with no luck. I may go along this route and remove my cleanup up crew and maybe dose with copper in addition to the immune boost. Just concerned how the copper might affect the corals I have.

3 minutes ago, Sortakindanoob said:

I tried to get him out last night and spent nearly an hour trying with no luck. I may go along this route and remove my cleanup up crew and maybe dose with copper in addition to the immune boost. Just concerned how the copper might affect the corals I have.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO   if you put copper into that system it will kill every invert and will be toxic to any put into it forever or until completely sterilized 

11 hours ago, Sortakindanoob said:

Ok. So I get the impression I don't want to dose copper in the main tank. What about some of the so called reef safe options? I saw a few at the lfs when I was getting garlic additive. Found these on the internet:

https://www.thespruce.com/external-fish-parasite-treatments-2924995

Please read here.  Lots of misinformation out there on this subject.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/marine-ich-myths-and-facts.23132/

So, a bit of an update. I took a bit of a wait and see since everything came and went so quickly, added garlic to the food. In the last few days the tang has been pestering the skunk shrimp to be cleaned, and the shrimp has been going to town on the goby. I am setting up a hospital tank and will tear the display down temporarily to get the fish out, let the display sit w/o fish for about 60 days. The inverts will still be there. I will likely dose w/ copper in the hospital. Thanks for all the help and advice/information, definite;y better than Reddit/ 

Update day 1. Dosed the recommended amount of cupramine yesterday morning. Patient Zero, the coral beauty, did not fare well. Laid on the bottom of the tank on his side and his fins were shredded. Got him out and put him out of his misery. Started to see spots on the tang, clownies and strawberry chromis. Starry blenny, who the heck knows with all his spots... This morning everybody looks ok, blenny is hanging at the bottom like a grumpy teenager, but moving.