Sign in to follow this  
crimsonvice

The Wife's No Name 16g Biocube build

Just over a month old and things are going well. Obvious new tank uglies, but surprisingly the green algae is stating to turn into purple coraline. Softies and zoas are doing amazingly well, LPS is okay, and SPS are turning brown. Light upgrade is a must. The pod population is booming even though I only seeded it with a small rock from my tank. The Hippo Tang has pulled through and seems to be very healthy and active.

Doing a water change in a few hours. Have been doing water changes once a week at about 1 -2 gallons. Run a pack of Chemi Pure and wipe the glass. Haven't tested since a week after the tank cycled. 

E5E7B832-22E4-47D8-9AB2-0E398ED9FCB6.jpeg

CE88CFD5-AB0A-4646-9E53-C66092915027.jpeg

1EA9E232-9699-4EF9-B0C8-8BF21CF4BBFA.jpeg

35C6F3C6-D015-44CA-8E0F-23C316E88BD7.jpeg

C176851E-E511-4BDA-8D97-82795D598967.jpeg

679F63BB-7BA3-48C9-A5F2-62713FD3B295.jpeg

27E7324A-82C9-4078-B1DE-DA130CFE3298.jpeg

This needs a massive update. The tank has been super stagnet, and some zoas have withered and the only thing that has really taken off was the Kenya tree. Most of this has been due to negligence on the wife's part. Long story short she says that if the light were better... And she could actually grow cool corals... She probably, most definitely, would let me continue do maintenance on it and take care of it for her. So I give you a light upgrade. Only one condition... She go topless...

IMG_20181107_163037.thumb.jpg.a59e5882eed055ab9b27b13446fa060a.jpg

4 minutes ago, crimsonvice said:

This needs a massive update. The tank has been super stagnet, and some zoas have withered and the only thing that has really taken off was the Kenya tree. Most of this has been due to negligence on the wife's part. Long story short she says that if the light were better... And she could actually grow cool corals... She probably, most definitely, would let me continue do maintenance on it and take care of it for her. So I give you a light upgrade. Only one condition... She go topless...

Careful you don't loose any fish going topless... wait, I get it now.

17 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

She's a keeper my man!  So what coral's are coming?

Nothing new as of yet. She picked up as much as me at the swap. It's nice that she has her own tank because she can keep the xenia to herself. Lol

We had picked up a nem from Lori at Aqua Culture, but it didn't make the trip home. She said she is gonna replace it, which is super awesome. I just need to get up there. 

1 hour ago, Jon Fishman said:

Ooh.   I need one of those Kenya trees!

That tank looks good......fast

DOH! I think I plucked them off and threw all away. 

I cooked the rock for a while before changing it out. So it was an easy swap.