All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi, As you guys mentioned, the Temp/Humidity sensor has some unique uses. Since we have universities and research facilities operating in a large space, they typically use this sensors to continuously monitor ambient air temperature and humidity. If it goes above the desired range, you can have the ProfiLux turn on a fan to get the air circulating in the room or even turn on exhaust fans. In hobbyist area, many use this sensor as a way to blow heat out of enclosed spaces such as stands, canopies, or even filtration rooms. Some people have even plugged-in their dehumidifiers to the powerbar. If the room becomes too humid, the unit turns ON and maintains the desired humidity in the room. In order to use this sensor, you do need the PLM-Humidity-Temp expansion card. Install the card onto the ProfiLux and connect the sensor.
  3. I think you are doing a great job! Pics are looking fantastic.
  4. I am interested to see how this all plays out honestly.
  5. Thanks me to! Ya I agree when the clowns were in my bucket for the transfer they were going in the anemone I haven’t seen them go in since being in the tank though
  6. jeff70

Zoa Pox? Ich? Uggh

nudis!!! small wrasse may help, manual removal ... good luck
  7. Look like nudis to me. Especially if they move
  8. Spring Clearance! More new items went up! More Slashed Prices!
  9. Removed the inset plywood and will rip out the black trim, build up and place top. I’m being told support brackets will be needed for the 6” over-hangs if I do a natural stone.
  10. The smaller the number the finer the filter. The number represents the size particle that passes through.
  11. So a 10 micron sock is finer than a 200 micron sock?
  12. Joe

Zoa Pox? Ich? Uggh

Looks like snail eggs to me. But I’ve never seen them lay on flesh like that.
  13. Stone will last forever, water drips will eventually take a toll on wood unless you religiously stay after it..
  14. The main group in the middle look like eggs of some sort. This is something I fortunately have not had to deal with. Good luck and keep us posted.
  15. That would be hard to gage remotely, but if they are fat and clean you should be fine. When I took all the rock out of my 90 Sunday the fish were very stressed and hiding in the corners, washed out colors, and my Kole had white stress streaks on his sides. 12 hours later they were eating and swimming like nothing happened. Non diseased fish are incredibly resilient! This looks great!
  16. I'd get the finer sock, the chemical reaction binds up the phosphates in small packages that the sock can take out. If you don't get that stuff in the sock it doesn't get removed. I am not clear what happens over time if the stuff isn't removed.
  17. I will be sitting out for a few months at least too, maybe Christmas time when I actually can monitor my start up of the thing properly. At the expo the guy said there would be another round of testers picked as the first round were professional and advanced aquarists. The thought being let's see how a less experienced person will mess things up amd what they may be able to do about it. No way that's happened in 5 weeks but possibly they have decided to forgo that. I for one hope not, they already gave their competitors and haters plenty of fodder by how long it took, and anything less than a perfect release is going to be big problems for them.
  18. surjer

Zoa Pox? Ich? Uggh

The intarwebz seems to be pointing to Zoa Eating Nudibranch which is a major pest and hard to treat. Great.. This tank is running my wallet dry!
  19. surjer

Zoa Pox? Ich? Uggh

Always something.. What the heck are these white spots showing up on my zoa's. Do they have friggn ich???
  20. Manual mode, ISO around 800, Shutter speed 1/60th, Aperature f2.8-5.6 depending. Color Balance is RAW and I adjust in lightroom. I shot the blue ones through a physical green gel. Teh center of the polyp's are supposed to be white to match real life. So still trying to find the right way.
  21. OK. tank stand is in the house! What am I doing?!? Anyways..... I need a top for it..... I was thinking granite or soapstone, but also butcher-block countertops come in standard-size of 8’ x 25” and are 1.5” thick. That’s a pretty attractive feature, but I’m also considering doing some type of slab-wood with a live-edge, but pricing/availability is pretty tough to lock-down so I have to find a lumberyard and put in some research. The stand I picked up was gutted/rebuilt with EIGHT 4x4’s. This thing will hold my car.
  22. They had one at the Expo. But..... not sure I’m all that impressed. I definitely wouldn’t try and get one for the first few months.
  1. Load more activity